Introduction to Missions
Mission Methods: St. Paul's or Ours?
Chapters 2 and 3
- What evidence does Allen present that Paul followed
opportunities presented by the providence of God's Spirit
rather than a strategic plan he had worked out?
- What political unit does Allen believe that Paul was trying to
evangelize on his journeys?
- What are four characteristics of centers where Paul preached
according to Allen?
- What evidence does Allen present that Paul did not depend
chiefly upon a city having the above characteristics in
choosing to evangelize it?
- What does Allen think the difference is between evangelism in
the cities in the first and twentieth centuries?
- Why does Allen think that Paul's having Jewish synagogues to
start evangelizing in was not a great advantage over our
- To what classes did Paul direct his message? What evidence is
there for this?
- Of what kind of character does Allen say the first converts in
an area often are?
- What basic difference does Allen see between converts in
Paul's time and converts in modern times?
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.