The Circumcision Controversy
- What was the first great controversy of Christianity about and
who were the major parties to the disagreement?
- Where was the meeting held to decide the answer to the
controversy and who was present?
- What kind of argument did Peter make for one side or the
other? Which side was he on?
- What kind of argument did Barnabas and Paul make and which
side were they on?
- What did James say that the prophecy from Amos 9 was talking
- What four things did James recommend that the conference write
to Gentiles to abstain from?
- Who did the apostles and elders choose to carry their letter
that gave their decision on the controversy?
- Which of the four items is slightly different between James'
speech and the letter that was sent out?
- To which city was the letter from the conference first sent?
- What did Paul and Barnabas disagree about?
- Who did Paul and Barnabas take with them on their second
journeys and where did they each go?
http://www.bterry.com/acts-rev/acts15.htm hosted at http://bible.ovu.edu/terry/acts-rev/acts15.htm
Last updated on September 1, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 1995-2003 Bruce Terry